top of page

Cork Flooring

Cork flooring has several unique properties that make it an excellent choice for flooring in residential and commercial settings. Here are some of the key properties of cork flooring:

  1. Softness: Cork flooring has a soft and cushioned feel underfoot, making it comfortable to walk on. This is due to the natural elasticity of cork, which helps absorb impact and reduce noise.

  2. Durability: Despite its softness, cork flooring is also very durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, furniture, and other types of wear and tear. It is also resistant to scratches and dents.

  3. Thermal insulation: Cork flooring has natural thermal insulation properties, which help keep a room warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This can result in energy savings and lower heating and cooling costs.

  4. Sound absorption: Cork flooring has excellent sound-absorbing properties, which help improve the acoustics of a room. The material can reduce the amount of echo and reverberation, resulting in a quieter and more comfortable space. Cork flooring has an NRC of 0.7, which means it absorbs up to 70% of sound waves and reflects the remaining 30%. 6mm of cork sheeting can reduce sound by up to 23 decibels.

  5. Moisture resistance: Cork flooring is naturally moisture-resistant, making it an ideal choice for areas of the home that are prone to dampness, such as basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.

  6. Eco-friendliness: Cork flooring is a sustainable and eco-friendly option, as it is made from the bark of cork oak trees, which can be harvested without harming the tree. Cork flooring is also biodegradable and can be recycled at the end of its life.

 

Overall, the unique properties of cork flooring make it an excellent choice for those who are looking for a durable, comfortable, and environmentally friendly flooring option.

Aris Floors can show you samples of cork tiles to match your home and lifestyle and we can supply and install.

Other corking services include re-coating old cork flooring and re-sanding worn and damaged cork flooring.

If you’re looking for the very best cork flooring company in Melbourne,  give us a call on 0449 266 998 for an obligation-free quote and consultation.

Cork after.jpeg
cork floor.jpeg
Stairs 3.jpeg
Chessboard.jpg
Stairs 2.jpeg

Natural Pure Cork Flooring Tiles

Traditional-Cork-Dark-8mm-Unfinished..jpg

Traditional Dark

300 x 600 x 8 mm

Traditional cork light.webp

Traditional Light

300 x 600 x 8 mm

Copenhagen.jpg

Copenhagen

300 x 300 x 6 mm

Traditional small.webp

Traditional Light

300 x 300 x 6 mm

bottom of page